Friday, June 8, 2007

Time is "cruisin' by!!

I can not believe it. We leave for our cruise in less than 2 weeks. We take a family vaction every summer with my parents. A tradition we started when Boo was 18 mos and Rilye was 4.
  1. 2004- We went to Destin, FL. We drove from Dallas, Tx. stopped half way in Biloxi, MS. overnight then continued our journey the next day. We spent a few days in Destin, then a Hurrican threatened the Florida panhandle. Ok, being a Texan..I wanted to get the heck out of dodge...Tornados I'm use to...hurricans, NOT SO MUCH! My parents, and husband humored it. BUT, It wasn't so funny. We drove in the pitch dark, pooring rain until we found an empty hotel room in Mobile, AL. When we woke the next day, we found not only had the hurrican been down graded to a tropical storm, but had missed Destin completely!! Hmmmm...I'm such a weenie! At least I admit it.
  2. 2005- We were booked for a condo in Gulf Shores, AL....only we didn't make it. Boo had started daycare that year. He was sick "literally" every 2 weeks for a year straight. It was HORRIBLE!!! We are talking "spike a 105 temp in a matter of minutes, become disorented, and end up in the ER". I couldn't justify driving 3 states away from his doctor at the time. So...we took the week off, stayed in Texas, went to Schlitterbauhn (huge Tx water park) and Six Flags, lots of movies...etc.
  3. 2006- Big Brandon played softball in "The Polic Olympics"..this year we got lucky & it was held in Brownsville, Tx. Just a hop-skip-& jump from S. Padre Island, TX. Mind you I am a native Texan..born & raised & have NEVER been to the Texas coast. We packed up "the family truckster" & headed out. We stopped half way in San Antonio & took in seaworld on the way. It was a wonderful time at the beach...and alot more beautiful than I had ever expected.
  4. THIS YEAR: I finally decided to stop being a weenie & agreed on a cruise. NOT that I'm scared, I'm just a little uneasy of the unknown. If it were just Brandon & I, then no big deal. But, when my babies come into play...I second guess EVERYTHING!! We will drive the 5 hour drive to Galveston. The entire family. Mom-Day-Me-Brandon-Boo-Rilye-My brother- & his boyfriend. Spend the day & night in Galveston, then board the cruise ship the next day. It's a 5 day-4 night trip to Cozumel, Mexico. Then on our arrival back into Galveston, we will truck the 4 1/2 hour up to San Antonio for a couple of days. Show the kids the riverwalk & go to Fiesta Texas. We have 6 flags season passes, so we thought why not. Anyhow.....wish me luck! Can't wait to come back with tons of pics.

11 comments:

Monica said...

How fun! You will love the cruise! We only did a 3 day cruise but I was also nervous about being on this big ship but it was great! The food was the best!! And they had tons of activities for kids! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Shelley said...

Girl... you WILL have a blast! I went on a cruise for my honeymoon... and would so LOVE to go on another! all the food you want. all the time. need i say more? well, i personally didn't eat too much unless it was liquid and came with a straw and a cute little umbrella! hahaha... i drank like a FISH on the ship. suffice it to say... our bar tab cost almost as much as the cruise! :O) i am sure you won't be drinking near as much, kiddos and all...

do the excursions... DO NOT feel sorry for the natives trying to pawn their goods on you...or it will ruin your trip. i let the poverty and such get to me so bad, i wasn't able to see the beauty that still existed in the country!

and in the end... HAVE FRIGGIN FUN, darnit! that's all! y'all!!!

bonnie b said...

Hey girlfriend! What fun to go cruisin' Cannot wait to see the pics you take and see how you scrap them! Just so love your slide show! Now about the weight thing and the cruise - Do Not DENY yourself. Take a taste - one bite and pass it on...... that way you don't feellike you are missing out. Eat in moderation - small plates. YOU can do this! Enjoy the moments with your family and the sights you will see. If you can swim with the dolphins - do it! They are amazing and it is one of the best things I have ever done!

Tara said...

hey there, lovin your blog, and the officer layout is superb!!!! what a handsome officer!!! have a great weekend!!! hope you are doing well! enjoy your vacation!

Kory said...

I am so jealous of you (in a good way)! You will have a blast on your cruise and the kids will love it! Plus when you come home you will have tons of great pics to scrap!

Unknown said...

oh you will have fun i am sure -- just think of the fun you will have and all of those pictures - lol!!!

Charley Madden said...

Sounds like such a great family time for you all!!! I loved the one cruse I have been on and you guys will have such a GREAT time!!!! Can't wait to see the photos and hear about it!!! LOVE your writing!! Will definitely be back to read your blog!!!

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow, your fam really knows how to have fun! Hope you have a great time on the cruise. And congrats on your weight loss too!

Unknown said...

Hey Leslie! Just dropping by to say Hi...hope you had fun on your cruise!!! great layouts...

Unknown said...

hey girl, I'm tagging you! you must be busy around your place, so whenever you get to it...if you choose to pass it on! :)

see my blog for rules

Unknown said...

oy ve, i spelled your name wrong in a comment...what a bad e-friend am i! sorry!

Family Pictures

Sample Los

GUEST BOOK