Friday, August 24, 2007

The Drama Queen Shops


Sweet Lord, the simple days of clothes shopping for Rilye are a vast memory simply floating past. Torturing me in a sea of girly frills!! See, before now, I have always gone shopping 'for' her. You know...picked out what I wanted for her..and MADE her wear it. I guess along the same lines of "You live under my roof, you will follow my fashion style".

WELL..it has been brought to my attention that I just DO NOT have the same taste as baby girl! Oh course, I want to be cool mom? Who doesn't? and do our daughters clothes not reflect just a small part of our 'cool mom' mind set? In the spirit of celebrating baby girls new found love of fashion, and nourishing her newest passion... We went shopping, and I agreed to let her pick out her own clothes. So we bounced out of the house Thursday night on a quest to find the perfect style that reflected her personality, and met my expectations.

This is were sweet Jesus, have mercy on my soul...comes into play. THE CHILD IS PICKY!! I don't mean, hmmm. this doesn't fit right picky! I mean.."NO, that's tacky mom"...picky! Like I'm some sort of alien from fuddy duddy land way back when. Hello....lil' girl, I'm hip, I'm cool, I CAN pick out a 7 year old clothes.



She doesn't like any shades of brown or green. She doesn't like jeans, or carpi's. She loves skirts, but has to wear shorts under them. BUT...she hates to wear shorts, bc they "touch her T-T"! So you think a skort would be a simple solution...NO she doesn't like those either!! She doesn't like tennie shoe bc you have to wear socks. She doesn't like socks bc of the seam that runs across the toe & that bugs her! The ONLY thing she will agree to wear on her feet are flip flops and her toes are going to freeze in the winter time. A concept I can not seem to drill into her head right now. Tops are probably the only thing we can agree on! Of course, they must be some form of pink, blue, or black. Someone, please tell me how this happened? Don't get me wrong, this is what her daddy & I have preached about for years. "Be your own person, believe in YOU, believe in what YOU want....be unique, BE an INDIVIDUAL". Lord, I never thought I would have to suffer in the process! In the end she ended up with some really cute things. Maybe, 5 complete outfits. A ton of tops with no matching bottoms.. Don't get me wrong, I love baby girl & we really did have a good time shopping together. BUT, there were those times I considered smacking her upside the head with a wire hanger.......


4 comments:

Monica said...

How funny! SHe is a little picky! At least she found some things to get!

Lisamariemlt said...

Thought I'd stop by and say hello on your blog---first post that I read--this one--- made me laugh---my world exactly only mine won't be 7 will October. She's who we created, that unique individual, but I really truly hate it when my words, thoughts or ideas bite me in the butt lol.
Keep encouraging her to be herself, we just have to be more patient lol.
Hugs in the mean time.

Tara said...

he he heee...you are sooooo funny! i am so glad to see a blog from you, i was starting to worry about you! ha!!!! Great photos, glad your cruise was great....what a fun time! hope all is well and congrats on all that weight loss! 12 lbs??? wow you go girl!!!

Unknown said...

Hehee - I am seeing my future - she is adorable tho!

Family Pictures

Sample Los

GUEST BOOK